Selection for 2012 Pitching
The single productions and series that participate in the pitching in the new edition of DocMontevideo were selected after a process that was difficult because so many projects were presented and they were of such good quality.
Thirteen projects have been selected to participate in the Documentary Pitching on 25 July and the prior training activities. In June the makers and producers will receive ITVS distance tutorials given by Claire Aguiar and Cynthia Kane. Subsequently, in Montevideo on 18, 19 and 20 July, they will attend the Writing Workshop with Marta Andreu and Catalina Villar, and the cross-media development training with Matthew Meschery (ITVS), Hugues Sweeney and Dominique Willieme (NFB).
They will also participate in training days for the pitching and meetings with representatives of TV channels and decision makers, and they may receive awards that will be presented at the closing ceremony at the Teatro Solís (Solís Theatre).
• “La chica detrás de cámara” by Paula Schargorodsky (Argentina)
• “13 puertas” by David Rubio (Argentina)
• “Jonás y el circo sin carpa” by Paula Gomes (Brazil)
• “Los caminos de Batista” by Julia Mariano (Brazil)
• “Los gurises” by Andrés Boero (Brazil-Uruguay)
• “La directiva” by Lorena Giachino (Chile)
• “Laja” by Teresa Arredondo and Carlos Vásquez (Chile)
• “La ciudad de los Césares” by Francisco Hervé (Chile)
• “Se alquilan chanclas” by Carolina Calle (Colombia)
• “Del ABC al AK47” by John Fernando Velasquez (Colombia)
• “El tango y el abrazo” by Mariana Viñoles (Uruguay)
• “Manual para ser un macho alfa” by Guillermo Kloetzer (Uruguay)
• “El hombre congelado” by Carolina Campo (Uruguay).
José Pedro Charlo and Marta Andreu were in charge of selecting the projects for the Documentary Pitching. They based their choice on the development, originality, creativity and feasibility of the projects submitted.
In this edition of DocMontevideo we have opened a new space for Latin American documentary series so as to generate opportunities for the completion of projects that have already obtained partial financing in their own countries and are seeking to complete their budgets with international acquisitions or co-productions.
The Series Pitching will take place on 24 July at the Teatro Solís. In June the makers and producers will receive a specialized distance tutorial given by Noe Mendelle (SDI). Subsequently, in Montevideo on 22 and 23 July, they will attend writing and pitching workshops run by Aldo Garay and Mariana Oliva. They will also take part in business meetings with representatives of TV channels and decision makers, and they may receive awards that are presented at the closing ceremony at the Teatro Solís.
• “El otro fútbol” by Federico Peretti (Argentina)
• “Paleodetectives” by Leandro Lagos (Uruguay)
• “Cuba roja” by Ismael Perdomo (Cuba)
• “De rotos y descosidos” by Elena Quirici (Uruguay)
• “Siete vidas, siete cuerdas” by Pablo Francischelli (Brazil)
• “Primera persona” by Federico Veiroj (Uruguay)
• “La promesa del minuto” by Andrés Aros (Chile)
• “De cerca” by Pablo and Federico La Rosa (Uruguay).
Noé Mendelle, Aldo Garay and Mariana Oliva were in charge of selecting projects for the Series Pitching. They based their choices on the development, originality, creativity and feasibility of the projects submitted.
Back to news